Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Using Kangsan Travel to get your Chinese Tourist Visa processed in Korea

This is a Chinese (L) tourist visa that was processed in Seoul.
    Thinking about taking a trip to China? If you have six months left on your Alien Registration Card (ARC) and are currently living in Korea you may apply for a Chinese tourist visa. Attention: If you don't have six months left you will have to jump through some hoops. See http://www.goneseoulsearching.com/2010/08/chinas-new-visa-policy-3-lousy-options.html to read more about trying to get around this problem.
    So for those of you that meet the requirements, you can get your Chinese visa processed and placed in your passport in only a week. You must go through a travel agency that offers this service. I recommend using http://www.kangsantravel.com/. You can visit Kangsan travel in Seoul, Daegu, or Busan in their office. Or you can mail your passport and required documents to them and they will process the visa.
   If you are American you will pay a  whopping 200,000 won or around $200 visa free. This is courtesy of the Chinese government, not Kangsan Travel. If you are Canadian you luck out and only have to pay 60,000 won for the visa. Kangsan will only charge Americans a 10,000 won handling fee to process the visa, and a 30,000 won fee for Canadians. How they figure this fee who knows, but at least the Koreans are cheaper than the Chinese.

    Yes, its a little strange giving your passport over to a random travel agency. But this is the only way to get your Chinese visa processed. The Chinese government will not let foreigners in Korea get their visa processed directly at the embassy. I highly recommend Kangsan because they did a great job with my visa. I showed up to their office in Seoul and handed them my passport and money and there were no problems. One week later they returned my passport to me in a nice purple case with the Chinese tourist visa inside.
    Keep in mind a standard Chinese visa only allows one entry. This means you cannot leave the country and come back for the 30 day time frame.
If you have any questions or comments about "Surviving the Christmas season in Korea without family"  please leave them in the comment box below or email them to seoulfoodgirl@gmail.com
Creative Commons License  Gone Seoul Searching by Marie Webb is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at goneseoulsearching@gmail.com.


8 개의 댓글:

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, if you are French, you cannot get your visa through a travel agency and have to go, in the morning, to the Chinese embassy...which is a pain in the ass.
I frankly never saw something as annoying as this procedure here in Korea. I wonder what's China's problem with people getting visas here...
Anyway, I got a flight ticket for Shanghai next week but I realized I have only two months left on my ARC...hope it's gonna pass...

Marie W said...

Hi anonymous!

Since you are French, can you please let us know if you get your Visa in Korea with only 2 months left on your ARC?

Good luck and I hope you get it! I think they have this policy because they are afraid that so many foreigners in Korea will just go to China and stay there. Also, Korea doesn't want its foreigners to leave so they make it harder for them by implementing this policy!

Good luck and let us know if you get it!


Kaylee Robinson said...

Great post! Exactly what I was looking for. I'm an American expat teaching English in SoKo as well. I want to visit a friend in China but wasn't sure what to do. I'll try out Kangsan Travel. Thanks!

Esmuybueno said...

Just to clarify. Do I have to have 6 months left on ARC card from when I book the visa or when I travel to China?

Marie W said...

When you travel to China

Joseph Mikel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Joseph Mikel said...

This post is really useful and helpful to know more about the things which you have shared. I appreciate you for such a great amount of information. I assure this would be beneficial for many people. Get Online China Tourist Visa

joeharis said...

I have scrutinized your blog its engaging and imperative. I like your blog.
China Visa Service
Apply For Chinese Visa
China Visa Service Center
Chinese Visa Agency
Chinese Visa Application Service Center
Chinese Visa Application Service Center

Post a Comment

We love comments!

Total Pageviews


Creative Commons License
Gone Seoul Searching by Marie Webb is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at goneseoulsearching@gmail.com.
Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...